When it comes to membership at Mariners, we have a fairly light touch. You belong if you attend regularly, serve wholeheartedly and give joyfully.
So, if you consider Mariners to be your home church, where it feels like family, where you worship regularly and where you participate in other events, then you are firmly on your way to belonging with us.
As set out elsewhere on this site, Life Groups are an exciting thing to be part of. They form the heart of the church, and good friendships are at their heart. They meet fortnightly and are a place where you can just be yourself, enabling you:
- to go deeper in worship
- to grow closer in friendship; and
- to reach out further in mission.
We want to help everyone find their place in serving in the church. The Apostle Paul describes the church as ‘one body with many parts’. Which part(s) are you? All functions are vital to the smooth running of the church; done well, all of the tasks below will enable us to function really well at Mariners.
Know that signing up for a team(s):
- does not tie you in forever! Opt in and out of teams whenever appropriate.
- does not sign you up to everything that team does. Discuss with the team leader what you can commit to.
If you would like to know more, just take a look here
Members of Mariners contribute to the life and work of the church in many different ways. Whilst the information below relates to financial giving, other pages on this site explain the many different ways you can get involved and contribute to the Mariners community.
We would love you to support the work here by giving regularly. We are a fast growing church with many day to day financial needs.
- By setting up a standing order with your bank. Our bank details are: Yorkshire Bank, ‘Mariners Gloucester Church’, Acct 66188913, Sort code 05 04 37. Please contact our treasurer (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any queries.
- Through your employers payroll giving scheme (this only applies if your employer runs such a scheme – your Human Resources department can provide details on this).
Other ways to give
- You can give a one-off gift to Mariners via the front page of this website.
- If you would like to send us a cheque or a giving voucher, please make it payable to Mariners Gloucester.
- You may also like to consider making a donation to Mariners in your Will. Please ask your solicitor when you make or change your Will, or ask us for more information.
Mariners has registered with easyfundraising.org.uk which enables members to raise funds for the Church when shopping online with major retailers (John Lewis, Amazon etc.). Unlike some other fund raising websites there is no cost to Mariners for being registered. To use you will need to register here, make sure you nominate Mariners Gloucester as your charity, and follow the instructions in ‘How it works’ on the website
Tax Efficient Giving
If you pay UK tax, would you please complete a Gift Aid declaration so that we can claim back the basic rate tax on your gift(s). For every pound you give, we can recover another 25p. Please ask a member of the Welcome Team for a gift aid form.
If you have any questions, please send us a message through the ‘Contact Us’ page.